- Astrophysics and cosmology
ERICE 2019 – International School of Nuclear Physics – 41st Course: Star Mergers, Gravitational Waves, Dark Matter and Neutrinos in Nuclear, Particle and Astro-Physics, and in Cosmology
16—24 September 2019 | Erice, Sicily, Italy
The purpose of the meeting is to bring together experts and young researchers in the areas of nuclear, particle and astro-physics as well as cosmology and the pertinent interrelations among these fields. The aim is to discuss the current status of the field and to explore future directions, both in experiment and theory. With the recent observation of gravitational-wave signals of black-hole and neutron-star mergers – for the latter in coincidence with electromagnetic signals -, the meeting is particularly timely. The aim is to cover a broad range of topics to elucidate synergies and identify areas of future progress. This should be especially beneficial to the younger participants of the meeting.
In detail, the following topics will be presented and discussed:
- Binary Star Mergers – the observations of gravitational waves
- Binary Star Mergers – simulations
- Binary Star Mergers – nucleosynthesis
- Direct and indirect Dark Matter Searches
- Axions – Dark Matter?
- Dark Matter Searches at the LHC
- Neutrino Mass from Tritium Decay
- Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay (Majorana versus Dirac Neutrino)
- Neutrino Mass from electron Capture
- Elastic Neutrino scattering – COHERENT
- The Reactor Neutrino Spectrum Anomaly
- Search for the Cosmic Neutrino Background
- Neutrinos and Cosmology
Add your event
You can gain extra visibility for your meeting or conference by adding it to the CERN Courier events calendar.
We accept all events that are relevant to the high-energy physics community, and all events will be moderated prior to publication.Add your event