Terms and Conditions
References to “IOP” mean the Institute of Physics and/or IOP Publishing Limited as appropriate.
Please read this document carefully. By accessing or using any part of this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. These terms and conditions were last updated on 21 April 2007.
Using this Web Site
This web site is maintained by IOP for personal viewing and use. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, all references to the “User” are to any person who accesses or uses this web site or any of the services provided by it, whether on his or her own behalf or on behalf of an organisation or institution whom he or she represents.
- User names and passwords are not transferable and the User must keep them strictly confidential and secure.
- The User will use this web site only in accordance with these terms and conditions and only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner.
- If the User submits information for display on this web site then he or she is responsible for ensuring that it is true, accurate, complete and up to date and for updating it whenever necessary. The User is also responsible for ensuring that no data is uploaded or submitted which is defamatory, obscene, abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or third party rights.
- By submitting data for display on this web site, the User warrants that he or she has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that it is free from viruses and anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of this web site or any other technology.
- The User will make no attempt to undermine the integrity of this web site or any of its content and will not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with this web site nor access it other than through normal operations.
- Systematic downloading of files is prohibited.
- The terms of IOP’s Disclaimer are incorporated within these terms and conditions.
- Any information submitted by the User will be treated by IOP as non-confidential and IOP shall be entitled to reproduce, distribute and communicate that information to others without restriction and without obligation.
- Without limiting its rights to seek other remedies, IOP reserves the right to change, alter or remove all or part of this web site, temporarily or permanently, and without notice and without liability. This includes the right to remove offending material placed on this web site by the User that IOP considers to constitute misuse of this web site or to be potentially harmful to other Users.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to, and supplement, any other terms and conditions which the User is required to accept in order to access any of IOP’s specific goods or services on this web site.
- IOP will use its reasonable endeavours to allow uninterrupted access to this web site but access may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- IOP has the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and continued use of this web site after the change will be deemed as acceptance of the changed terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the User to check the terms and conditions regularly for changes and to discontinue use if the User is unhappy with the changes.
- IOP reserves the right to prohibit access by persons to all or part of this web site or the services provided on it at its sole discretion.
- Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
- English law governs these terms and conditions and the English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes.
If the User has any questions or comments about these terms and conditions, he or she should contact:
Group Legal Adviser
IOP Publishing Limited
Bristol BS1 6BE
Tel: +44 (0)117 929 7481
Fax: +44 (0)117 929 4318