Call for Nomination for Next Director-General of KEK
About this job
- Company & location
- KEK - High Energy Accelerator Research Organizataion, Japan
- Last updated
- Mar 1, 2017
KEK, High Energy Accelerator Research Organization, invites nominations for the next Director-General whose term will begin April 1, 2018.
In view of his/her role that presides over the business of KEK as a representative of the Inter-University Research Institute Corporation, nominees shall be:
1) persons of noble character, with relevant knowledge and experience and having abilities to manage its educational and research activities properly and effectively.
2) persons expected to promote with long-term vision and strong scientific leadership, the highly advanced, internationalized, and inter-disciplinary research activities of KEK by getting support from the public.
3) persons expected to establish and carry out the medium - term goals and plans.
The term of appointment is three years until March 31, 2021 and shall be eligible for reappointment only twice. Thus, he/she may not remain in office continuously over a period 9 years.
We widely accept the nomination of the candidates regardless of their nationalities.
We would like to ask you to recommend the best person who satisfies requirements for the position written above.
Nomination should be accompanied by:
1) letter of recommendation,
2) brief personal history of the
3) list of major achievements (publications,
academic papers, commendations and membership of councils, etc.). The nomination should be submitted to the following address no later than May 31, 2017:
- Documents should be written either in English or in Japanese.
- Forms and details are available at: http://www.kek.jp/en/NewsRoom/Release/20170301090000//
The Chair of Director-General Selection Committee
High Energy Accelerator Research Organization
Inquiries concerning the nomination should be addressed to:
General Affairs Division
General Management Department
KEK, High Energy Accelerator Research Organization
1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Japan 305-0801