References to “IOP” mean the Institute of Physics and/or IOP Publishing Limited as appropriate. References to “this web site” are to the specific IOP web site from which the user is linking to this Disclaimer. This Disclaimer contains important information specifically about your use of this web site. Please read it carefully. Whilst IOP takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained on this web site is accurate, the contents are provided “as is” and only for general information purposes. This Disclaimer was last updated on 21 April 2007.
- IOP does not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted for posting on this web site and does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of IOP for any error, omission or misleading statement on this web site or any web site to which its pages connect or for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided. Neither can IOP guarantee that any information or services are still current and/or applicable and it is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that any information he or she accesses from this web site is accurate, complete and useful.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IOP disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on this web site and does not guarantee that this web site will be fault free.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the Internet, and the number of users by whom data may be posted onto this web site, any liability that IOP may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access this web site, or from any use of this web site or reliance on data transmitted using it, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall IOP be liable for any loss of profit, data, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of this web site, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Whilst IOP makes every reasonable effort to check and test material at all stages of production, it recommends that users run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from this web site. IOP makes no warranty that the contents of this web site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and it cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to a user's data or computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this web site.
- The information provided by IOP on this web site is not in any way an invitation or recommendation to buy any products or services featured and users should seek appropriate independent advice.
- No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on this web site or on other web sites to which its pages are linked, implies any approval or warranty as to their standing or capability on the part of IOP. In addition, IOP accepts no liability for any goods or services provided by third party suppliers.